Nadine Dorries MP hosted a supper event at The White Hart, Flitton, on 19 July.
We have all seen from afar the changes to the leadership of our Party and our country over the past few weeks. Nadine was very close to the action during this dramatic period, and gave us her views on a number of issues of high interest, including :
- The assassination of Boris Johnson in his bid to become Party leader, and the hour leading-up to his sudden and unexpected last minute withdrawal,
- The subsequent actions of the press and media towards both of the final two candidates, especially the unravelling of Andrea Leadsome’s bid, and her withdrawal,
- The coronation of Theresa May as Party leader and Prime Minister and her selections for Cabinet posts,
- The characters of the 3 Brexiteers (Messrs Johnson, Davis and Fox) and how they will work together to achieve the UK’s exit from the EU,
- The Boundary Commission’s revised criteria and plans for the Mid Bedfordshire constituency – the portents look positive,
- What was likely to unfold in the ongoing war for leader of the Labour party and the potential for a break-up of that party.
Nadine then took many questions over a 40 minute period around the above topics. For all of us present, this was an illuminating and fascinating Tour de Force through the events of the past unrelenting weeks.
She was given an enthusiastic round of applause by the 45 Members in attendance. Nadine has offered to host further such events with the Association, with the next supper after the Party Conference in October. We cannot wait !
Details will be advised to Members as soon as they are known.
Chairman Mid Bedfordshire Conservative Association